St Giles' Cathedral - Thistle Chapel - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
Panorama taken inside the Thistle Chapel at St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh. The chapel has richly carved wooden pews and interior painted with various crests and coats of arms and tall, stained glass windows.
St Giles' Cathedral - Thistle Chapel - FURTHER INFORMATION
St Giles' Cathedral - Thistle Chapel - Edinburgh visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'St Giles' Cathedral - Thistle Chapel' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Lothian.
The Thistle Chapel (Chapel of the Order of the Thistle) is a side chapel in St Giles' Cathedral in Edinburgh. As the name suggests it is dedicated to 'The Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle' and was designed in 1911 by Robert Lorimer. Entrance to the church is free, but a small fee is charged to see the Thistle Chapel.
St Giles' Cathedral,
Edinburgh, EH1 1RE
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Bus: various to North Bridge and South Bridge
Walk: St Giles' Cathedral stands on the Royal Mile, about half way between Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse.