Panorama taken inside St Andrew's Church in Fort William, Scotland. The picture shows the plain stone walls and stained glass windows of the church.
St Andrew's Church - Fort William visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'St Andrew's Church' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Highland.
St Andrew's Church stands on the High Street, near to Cameron Square and the Tourist Information Centre in Fort William. The current church dates from 1876 and mostly funded by George Baynton Davey and designed by Dr Alexander Ross from Inverness. It is made of Abriachan granite with a Cumberland Slate roof. St Andrews is known as the 'Queen of Highland Churches' and is a Category A listed building, now one of the tourist attractions in Fort William.
The former, and first, Episcopal church on the site was built in 1817 and called Rosse Chapel, after the Countess of Rosse who was largely responsible for the construction. This became dilapidated by the 1870's and demolished to make way for the current St Andrew's.
St Andrew's Church
Train: Fort William Train Station
Road: Fort William 65 miles southwest of Inverness on the A82 and 100 miles from Perth on the A9 and A86.