All Saints Greek Orthodox Church - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
Panorama taken inside All Saints Greek Orthodox Church in Camden, north London. This picture was taken near the front of the church, showing the main iconostasis or templon within the church. There is another collection of icons to the right of the altar.
All Saints Greek Orthodox Church - FURTHER INFORMATION
All Saints Greek Orthodox Church - London visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'All Saints Greek Orthodox Church' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Greater London.
The Greek Orthodox Cathedral Church of All Saints in Camden, London is a Parish Church of the Archdiocese of Thyateira and Great Britain under the Ecumenical Patriarchate, serving the Greek Orthodox community of Camden. The church building dates from 1824, and was originally an Anglican chapel, known as the Camden Chapel. It is a Grade 1 listed building, and it suffered some bomb damage during WWII.
The church was first used by the Greek Orthodox community in 1948, and was the second Greek Orthodox church in London, catering for a growing community following the end of WWII. The icon screen was carved in 1974 and many of the icons on display were produced by a Russian artist. Others are in the Cypriot style.
All Saints Greek Orthodox Cathedral stands opposite St Martin's Gardens on Camden Street. See their website for times of services.