Parque das Nações - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
Parque das Nações - Lisboa
Parque das Nações - FURTHER INFORMATION
Parque das Nações - Lisbon visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Parque das Nações' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Distrito Lisboa.
The Parque das Nações (Park of the Nations) is a large area in northern on the seafront. Previously an industrial area, it was re-developed for the Expo '98 World Exhibition for which it is named. It now contains various attractions, leisure spaces, offices, hotels, a casino and residential buildings next to the Targus estuary.
- Vasco da Gama Tower - 145m high tower, one of the tallest buildings in Lisbon with viewing platform and restaurant at top. Also contains the asco da Gama shopping mall.
- Vasco da Gama Bridge - 17km long bridge over the River Tejo, the longest bridge in Europe.
- Lisbon Oceanarium (Oceanário de Lisboa) - impressive attraction housing over 16,000 animals and plants from over 450 distinct species.
- Promenade Cable Car - running full length of site offering great aerial views.
- Volcano Fountains and Waterfalls - numerous shaped fountains and waterfalls around the park.
- Estação do Oriente - stunning metro station looking like a glass cathedral.
- São Gabriel and São Rafael towers - architecturally important office blocks.
- Pavilion of Knowledge - science and technology museum with both permanent and temporary exhibits.
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Flight: Lisbon International Airport (LIS) ( 4,5 km).
Metro: Oriente (Vermelha line)
Bus: 5, 25, 28, 44, 96, 204, 208, 210,708,750,759,782. Oriente bus stop
Train station: Oriente