Cabo San Lucas - FURTHER INFORMATION
Cabo San Lucas - Cabo San Lucas visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Cabo San Lucas' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Baja California Sur.
Cabo San Lucas lies at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula in Mexico. Together with San José del Cabo, it is becoming a popular luxury holiday destination, with pristine beaches lining the coast and luxury hotels being built to attract visitors. The area has rapidly grown from a small fishing community in the early 1900's to a thriving town of hotels, shops, bars, clubs and marinas.
Cabo San Lucas lies on a large bay where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean. Often known locally as 'Los Cabos', it can be split into three areas; (1) San Jose del Cabo, the old town near the airport, (2) Cabo San Lucas, the 'New Town' and entertainment hub on the coast, and (3) The Corridor, the road linking the other two lined with condos and golf courses.
Los Cabos is well known for a vibrant night life and entertainment culture, full of places to eat, dance and relax. The town has large marinas with both long term and visitor moorings, often full of countless luxury boats and yachts. Popular attractions and activities include:
- El Arco de Cabo San Lucas (Land's End Arch) - sea arch near to Cabo San Lucas with dramatic rocks carved by the sand and sea.
- Playa del Amante (Lover's Beach) - walk along the beach at low tide to El Arco de Cabo San Lucas, seeing the Arch of Poseidon and Los Frailes islets with sea lions.
- Angling and Fishing - charter a boat and go deep sea and game fishing.
- Golf - Cabo San Lucas has several world class golf courses, with many near The Corridor.
- Iglesia de San Lucas (Church of San Lucas) - 300 year old church with many original features.
- Cultural Center - surrounded by beautiful gardens with a tall mirador tower.
- Cabo San Lucas Glass Factory - family tours around the factory to learn about the art of glass blowing and manufacture.
As well as the activities provided by the numerous hotels and resorts, Cabo San Lucas has several world-class golf courses, while the beautiful beaches lend themselves for swimming, parasailing and various other water sports. A visit here will clearly show why Cabo San Lucas is considered the Jewel of the Baja California Peninsula.
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Flight: Los Cabos International Airport (SJD)