Saas Fee in Spring - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
This panorama was taken in the middle of April, it shows Saas Fee village and the mountains around.
Saas Fee in Spring - FURTHER INFORMATION
Saas Fee in Spring - Saas Fee visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Saas Fee in Spring' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Wallis.
Saas Fee is a famous Swiss village tucked away in the very steep and narrow Saas valley in the Canton of Wallis. Towering high above it are some of Switzerland's mightiest peaks .The ascent from Saas Fee to the mountain station is very steep in places, although the superb panoramic views to be had from the top make it well worth the effort.
Saas Fee - Summer attractionsSaas Fee draws thousands of visitors in the summer:
- Walking - one of the top reasons for visiting Saas Fee in the summer. Over 300km of walking and hiking trains among some of the most majestic mountains in Switzerland.
- Tame Marmots - visitors are so numerous that the marmots that found under the Spielboden mountain station have become tame.
- Alpin gorge - for the adventurous there are the steep rock walls of Alpin gorge, the brook gorge between Saas-Fee and Saas-Grund.
- Saas Fee Adventure Forest - venture on various obstacle courses, swinging from a steel cable and passing from tree to tree across rope bridges, as well as whiz through the forest landscape on the «Feeblitz» summer and winter toboggan run.
- Mountain Biking - The Saas valley has a 70 km of mountain-bike trails linking Saas Fee with Saas Balen, Saas Grund and Saas Almagell nearby, and a 5 km long push-scooter route.
Tourist Office Saas-Fee
Tel. +41 27 958 18 58
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Bus: Hourly services from Visp and Brig.
Train: Direct trains from Geneva, Sion, Martigny, Montreux, Vevey, Lausanne, Geneva Airport.
Flight: Geneva Airport
Road: Saas Fee is 230km (3 hours) east of Geneva and 26km south of Visp.