Virtual tour panorama taken inside Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore, one of the Churches in Florence.
Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore Church - Florence visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore Church' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Tuscany.
Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore (Santa Maria Maggiore di Firenze, Church of Marai Maggiore) in Florence was established in the 8th century and first documented in 931. The Romanesque church was handed over to the Cistercian order and extensively rebuilt in Gothic style in the 13th century. Inside the nave is separated from the aisles by pointed arches. Parts of the earlier Romanesque belfry remain. It is very close to Florence Cathedral and the Baptistery of San Giovanni.
Chiesa di Santa Felicita - Art
- 14th-century Madonna of Pisan school on the pointed arch portal of the facade
- Traces of 14th-century frescoes by Agnolo Daddi, Spinello Aretino, Paolo Uccello and Masaccio adorn some of the piers.
- Cappella Maggiore contains two episodes from the Story of King Herod, painted in the style of Spinello Aretino.
- Relief in gilded wood of a Madonna and Child in the left chapel.
- Notework altar with is a painting of Santa Rita by Primo Conti is in the right aisle.
Chiesa di Santa Maria Maggiore
Vicolo di Santa Maria Maggiore 1
Bus: Pecori - Replay Store (C1, C2), Vecchietti - Flow Store (6, 22)