La Condamine - FURTHER INFORMATION
La Condamine - La Condamine visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'La Condamine' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Monaco.
La Condamine is the second oldest district (Quartiers) in Monaco after Monaco Ville. It lies north of Monaco Ville and south of Montecarlo. La Condamine forms the back of Port Hercule, the large harbour and marina full of luxury yacht and lined with luxury hotels.
La Condamine - AttractionsLa Condamine is in the center of Monaco, so this quarter is very close to all the attractions around the city state including:
- Port Hercule - massive port and marina, home to some of the largest luxury yachts on earth.
- Palais du Prince (Prince's Palace ) - 13th century Genoese fortress, official residence of the Royal Family, whose state rooms are often open to the public.
- Place du Palais - square in front of the Palais du Prince, laid out with cannon and cannon balls dating from Louis XIV, with the Changing of the Guard daily at 11.55am and stunning views over Port de Fontvieille.
- Musée Océanographique - marine museum with objects from journeys of Prince Albert and finds and equipment from various Jacques-Yves Cousteau expeditions. The Museum also contains an aquarium, library and various laboratories.
- Jardins de St-Martin - gardens around the Musée Océanographique with stunning views over Monaco and the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Cathedral - Romanesque-Byzantine built between 1875 and 1884 and containing an altarpiece by Louis Bréa (C.1500) and other works.
- Napoleon Museum - located inside the Place du Palais this museum contains memorabilia of Napoleon I.
- Fort Antoine Theater - a major attraction on Svenue de la Quarantaine, this is one of the best outdoor theatres in Monaco with a capacity of 350.
- Wax Museum of the Princes of Monaco - found on Rue Basse the museum contains life-size wax models of various rulers of Grimaldi dynasty of Monaco from the 13th century onwards, dressed in period outfits.
- Exhibition of HSH The Prince of Monaco's Vintage Car Collection - display of nearly 100 classic cars of all ages and six coaches belonging to HSH, Prince Rainier III of Monaco.
- Museum of the Chapel of Visitation Barbara Piasecka Johnson Collection - various masterpieces of sacred art by Rubens, Zurbaran, Ribera and the masters of Italian baroque housed in a 17th century Baroque chapel.
- Moneghetti - district on the northern end of Monaco with lovely terraces on the east slopes of the Tête de Chien.
- Monte Carlo Casino - one of the biggest draws in Monaco.
Monaco Tourist Office
At: 2a Boulevard des Moulins, 98000 Monaco
Tel: (+377) 92 16 61 16
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Flight: Côte-d'Azur International in Nice, 25 miles from Monaco and then bus.
Train: Monaco-Monte Carlo Station
Boat: Cruise ships and pleasure boats dock at either Fontvieille or Port Hercule harbours.