Goldbach with view of Bernau Dorf and Hof - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
The creek Goldbach, meaning gold creek, flows through the small locality Goldbach between Bernau-Dorf and Bernau-Hof pictured in this panorama. Many creeks and rivers in the Black Forest contain small amounts of gold which probably explains the name of this locality and creek.
Goldbach with view of Bernau Dorf and Hof - FURTHER INFORMATION
Goldbach with view of Bernau Dorf and Hof - Bernau im Schwarzwald visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Goldbach with view of Bernau Dorf and Hof' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Baden-Wuerttemberg.
Bernau-Dorf and Bernau-Hof are two small villages in in the Bernau im Schwarzwald valley in the Black Forest in Germany. Just to the north is the Herzogenhorn, the second highest mountain in the Black Forest.
Bernau im Schwarzwald is a popular tourist destination, with walking, climbing and other mountain sports in the summer and Alpine skiing, Nordic skiing, snowboarding and other various winter sports once the snow falls. The villages around have various hotels, ski chalets and apartments to cater for visitors.
Bernau-Dorf - Tourist AttractionsThe top attractions around Bernau-Dorf are all based in the forests and mountains of the Black Forest.
- Hans Thoma Museum and Town Hall with a permanent exhibition of the famous local painter Hans Thoma
- Resenhof Museum - farming museum set in a 200 year old Black Forest farm house in Bernau-Oberlehen.
- Sankt Blasien - Town with a 63m high dome and an abbey from the 11th century.
- Lake Constance - Alpine lake with the islands of Reichenau and Mainau and Reichenau Abbey, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Colmar - 1,000-year-old French town where the famous Isenheim altar (1515) is housed in the Musée d'Unterlinden.
- Europapark Europa Park - second largest theme park in Europe.
- Freiburg - historic old town with a Gothic cathedral.
- Hasel / Hazel Caves - one of the oldest caves in Germany, some 2.1km long with 360m tall stalactites.
- Rhine Falls - at Schaffhausen in Switzerland, dramatic falls set in stunning surroundings.
- Steinwasenpark - theme park with massive summer toboggan run and other rides.
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Car: Bernau-Dorf is on the southern edges of Naturpark Südschwarzwald, about 200 km south of Stuttgart, 75km east of Mulhouse in France and 45km south of Freiburg im Breisgau.