Legoland-miniland - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
Very popular leisure destination for families with young children. The park is located in very close distance of Windsor castle. Legoland consist of various attractions as miniland, lego rides, driving schools, building workshops etc. The part on the picture is known as miniland was build of nearly 40 million pieces of Lego bricks to recreate different scenes from USA and Europe.
Legoland-miniland - FURTHER INFORMATION
Legoland-miniland - Windsor visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Legoland-miniland' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Berkshire.
LEGOLAND® Windsor, near Windsor is one of the top tourist attractions in England. Legoland is set in 50 acres of beautiful parkland, with rides and other attractions.
LEGOLAND® Windsor - Attractions
- Miniland - the world in miniture, or in Lego, using 40 million lego pieces to recreate scenes from the USA and Europe, complete with sounds, traffic, trains and boats and more.
- Lego Creation Centre - showcasing the very best work of talented LEGO® model makers, including the Wall of Fame, the LEGO® brick Crown Jewels and the Hall of Fame.
- Hill Train - train ride through Legoland.
- Duplo Play Town - soft play area for younger children.
- Waterworks - water themed part of Legoland where children are guaranteed to get wet.
- Loki's Labyrinth - Nordic-themed hedge maze.
- Enchanted Forest - peaceful woodland and popular place for the family to picnic.
- Pirate's Training Camp - popular, multi-level wood and rope climbing play area based on pirate ship.
- Orient Expedition - ride through foreign lands full of crocodiles, snakes, vultures and even Chinese Dragons on a quest for hidden treasure.
- Balloon School - LEGO® themed gondola ride with great views over LOGOLAND®.
LEGOLAND® - PracticalLegoland is a great day out, but is not cheap. The park can get very busy at peak times, especially during the summer school holidays and bank holidays. Be prepared to queue for rides, though visitors can purchase 'Q-Bot' tickets to get timed access to rides for an extra cost. The 'Q-Bot' does not cover all the rides in LEGOLAND®. The park contains several restaurants, but taking your own picnic is a much cheaper option.
Berkshire SL4 4AY
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Road: LEGOLAND® Windsor is on the B3022 Windsor/Ascot road just two miles from Windsor town centre, close to M3 (Junction 3), M4 (Junction 6), 26 miles from central London.
Train: Windsor & Eton Central station, Windsor & Eton Riverside Station followed by the LEGOLAND® shuttle (fee paying service).
Flight: London Heathrow Airport is 12 miles from LEGOLAND®.
Coach: Green Line Coaches run the 702 service from London Victoria, or Golden Tours coach services from many London hotels.