Chessington World Of Adventures - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
Chessington World Of Adventures
Chessington World Of Adventures - FURTHER INFORMATION
Chessington World Of Adventures - Chessington visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Chessington World Of Adventures' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Greater London.
Chessington World of Adventures is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Southern England. Situated about 25 miles south of the center of London, Chessington World of Adventures draws hundreds of thousands of visitors, especially during the school holidays and at the weekends. The theme park is so popular that right next door is the Holiday Inn Hotel London-Chessington where people can stay.
Chessinton World of Adventures - The LandsChessington World of Adventures contains is divided into several themes sections of 'Lands' with rides, restaurants and shops.
- Wild Asia - new in 2010. Rides include the Kobra, Monkey Swinger, Jungle Bus, Tuk Tuk Turmoil Dodgems and Temple of Mayhem. Wild Asia also contains the Lorikeet Lagoon exhibit.
- Forbidden Kingdom - Tomb Blaster shooting game and Rameses Revenge wet ride.
- Land of Dragons - rides include Dragon's Fury, Griffin's Galleon, Canopy Capers, Sea Dragons, Dragon's Playhouse (soft play area), Sir Walter Squirtalot and Dragon's Tale Theatre for children.
- Market Square - main food area. Rides include Safari Skyway, Hocus Pocus Hall.
- Mexicana - with Rattlesnake and Runaway Train rides.
- Mystic East - with Dragon Falls, Peeking Heights Ferris wheel and Extreme Games Zone.
- Pirate's Cove - with Black Buccaneer and Seastorm rides.
- Toytown - zone for younger children with Toadie's Crazy Cars, Berry Bouncers, Flying Jumbos, Carousel and Tiny Truckers rides.
- Transylvania - with the famous Vampire ride and Bubbleworks.
- Chessington Zoo - throughout the World of Adventures are different parts of the Zoo, which includes Wanyama Village & Reserve, Lorikeet Lagoon, Trail of the Kings (Western Lowland Africa), SEA LIFE Centre, Children's Zoo, Creepy Caves (reptiles and insects), Monkey & Bird Garden, Penguin Cove & Otters and Sealion Bay.
Chessington World of Adventures - PracticalChessington World of Adventures contains enough to keep the whole family busy for the whole day. Visitors must note that many of the rides have various age / height restrictions and that at peak times you can spend a lot of time standing in queues. It may also be worth taking a picnic as food inside is charges at a premium.
Chessington World of Adventures
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Train: Chessington South Rail Station
Road: Chessington World of Adventures is 12 miles from London on the A243, just 2 miles from the A3 and M25 (junction 9 or 10).