Outside Windsor Parish Church - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
Virtual tour panorama taken from the opposite side of the road from Windsor Parish Church. This picture was taken in early April 2011 and shows the tall church tower and view along the High Street.
Outside Windsor Parish Church - FURTHER INFORMATION
Outside Windsor Parish Church - Windsor visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Outside Windsor Parish Church' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Berkshire.
Windsor Parish Church dates from the 19th century and dominates the High Street in Windsor. Standing a short distance from the Guildhall & Windsor and Royal Borough Museum, it is worth a visit for the 17th century 'Last Supper' painting which hangs in the West Gallery inside the church, as shown in the virtual tour taken inside the church.
Windsor Parish Church - InteriorWithin Windsor Parish Church visitors will find a number of works of art, artefacts and other items of interest, including:
- The Last Supper - possibly painted by Franz de Cleyn and presented to Royal Chapel c by Brian Duppa, Bishop of Winchester, Prelate of the Order of the Garter, in around 1660.
- Stained Glass Windows - including on showing the Archangel Gabriel and Mary at the Annunciation, presented for the Diamond Jubilee of the Girls' Friendly Society.
- Windsor Parish Church Painting - painting showing the church and grounds as they would have looked in about 1760, done by Margaret Yardley, A.R.C.A.
- Brass Lectern - made in 1882 in memory of Jas. Griffin, a Churchwarden
- Organ - with 57 stops and 20 pistons and couplers, and about 3,000 speaking pipes made by A. Hunter and Son.
- Chancel and Apse - created by Teulon in 1870, housing a choir with 6 full length angel figures.
- John Woodruff Memorial - grey marble memorial on the West Wall to John Woodruff, (1669-1728), mason to Lord Weymouth of Old Windsor.
Windsor Parish Church
47 High St
Windsor SL4 1LR
Phone: 01753 740 121
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Bus: Windsor Town Centre, Parish Church (71, 191, 200, 702)
Flight: Heathrow Airport, 12 miles east of Windsor.
Road: Windsor is close to junction 6 of the M4, about 30 miles west of central London and 8 miles from the M25.
Train: Windsor & Eton Central Rail Station, Windsor & Eton Riverside Rail Station.