Clarence Gardens - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
Panorama taken from Clarence Gardens on an inner city housing estate next to Regents Park. The picture shows the square surrounded by social housing, built around 1960. In the middle of the square is an open area and a very large tree.
Clarence Gardens - FURTHER INFORMATION
Clarence Gardens - London visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Clarence Gardens' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Greater London.
Clarence Gardens in London is part of the Regents Park Estate, close to Regents Park in Camden. The Regents Park Estate is about 40 years old, built to provide social housing needs for the borough of Camden. People were encouraged to buy their own flats off the council during the Thatcher government. Now a growing proportion of the flats around Clarence Gardens and the rest of the Regents Park Estate are privately owned, on long term leaseshold arrangements with the council, who retain the freehold. Although the area is not the most picturesque in London, it is very central to a number of amenities, very well connected to travel links and thus the flats are relatively expensive.
Attractions near Regents Park Estate
- Camden Town - with Camden Lock and Camden Market are about 20 min away on foot to the north.
- Oxford Street - famous for shopping, 15 min walk south.
- British Museum - one of the most famous museums on earth, 15 minutes walk south.
- British Library - is about 15 min to the east
- London Zoo - 15 min walk north
- Primrose Hill - with some of the best views over London, close to the boutique shops of Chalk Farm.
- West End and China Town - restaurant, theatre and nightclub district of London, based around Piccadilly Circus, Soho and Leicester Square. All about 30 minutes walk south.
- Baker Street - for shopping, Sherlock Holmes Museum and Madam Tusauds
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Bus: Albany Street, Euston Road, Hampstead Road
Train: Euston Station
Tube: Euston (Norther, Victoria lines), Euston Square (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan lines), Warren Street (Norther, Victoria lines), Great Portland Street (Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan lines), Regents Park (Bakerloo), and Mornington Crescent (Nothern Line - Charring Cross Branch).