Hastings Town Square - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
Virtual tour panorama of Hastings town square showing the shopping precinct built around Hastings Town Hall. On this day in May 2011 there was a medieval pageant with singing, dancing and jousting on a small stage by people in Medieval costumes. The town hall is also home to a tourist information centre.
Hastings Town Square - FURTHER INFORMATION
Hastings Town Square - Hastings visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Hastings Town Square' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from East Sussex.
Hastings in East Sussex is a seaside resort on the south coast of England, famous for the Norman invasion and Battle of Hastings. Today the town has a thriving tourist industry, with many seaside attractions and a long promenade running along the back of a shingle beach.
Hastings - Tourist AttractionsThis map shows many of the tourist attractions in Hastings. Virtual tours give an overview of what is there, and among the top Hastings tourist attractions displayed on the map are:
- Hastings Fisherman's Museum - on the shore front, containing a refurbished old fishing boat and history of this industry, surrounded by unique Net Shop buildings.
- Hastings Museum and Gallery - showing some of the history, geology and biology of Hastings and the surrounding area.
- Hastings Castle - remains of the Norman castle built on a commanding position over the Old Town.
- Hastings Skatepark - built as an locally funded and run initiative, this is now one of the best skateparks in the UK, and a hub of the UK BMX community
- East Hill; Hastings Country Park Nature Reserve - park on East Hill, east of the Old Town containing various walks and a prehistoric hill fort, accessed by steps or a funicular.
- Theme Park Rides - numerous rides, amusements, crazy golf, go-carting and more near the Old Town.
- Hastings Old Town - full of narrow lanes, with medieval half-timbered houses, boutique shops and restaurants.
- Hastings Miniature Railway - running as a tourist attraction ride between Rock-a-Nore and Marine Parade on the shoreline.
- Hastings Promenade - running along the coast and past the old, burnt out, Hastings Pier, backed by hotels.
- Saxon Shore Way - Hastings is at the western terminus of this 163 mile long coastal path that leads to Gravesend in Kent.
- St Clement's Church - 14th century church in the Old Town.
- All Saints Church - 15th century church in the Old Town.
- Blue Reef Aquarium - aquarium attraction close to the Hastings Fishing Museum.
- Smugglers' Adventure - tourist attraction set up in St Clement's Caves on Cliff Rly.
Hastings Tourist Information Centre - Queens Square