Split Harbour from Ferry to Brac - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
This virtual tour image was taken from the upper passenger deck of one of the Jadrolinija lines ferries to Brač (Brac), one of the many islands near to Split. It shows a view over the harbour and other ferries for other destinations. This image was taken in September 2011. As can be seen in this image, most of the ferries from Split are run by Jadrolinija lines.
Split Harbour from Ferry to Brac - FURTHER INFORMATION
Split Harbour from Ferry to Brac - Split visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Split Harbour from Ferry to Brac' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360Â° panoramas from Split-Dalmatia County.
Split is the main transit hub on the Dalmatian Coast, with both an international airport and large ferry port. Many ferries depart from the eastern side of Split Harbour for various destinations on the surrounding islands, mainland and Italy. Tickets for the ferries are available at various kiosks along the key-side and the main ferry terminal, where a large board gives the departure times and quay numbers for each of the ferries. Most of the ferries are run by Jadrolinija ferries, who run almost all the ferries around Croatia.
The main ferry terminal there is also a small supermarket, cafe and toilets. Most of the ferries also have refreshments and toilets available on board, but costs on the ferry can be higher than at this shop.
Ferries from SplitSplit ferries serve the following destinations on a regular basis:
- Dubrovnik (mainland city, popular destination, UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Korcula (famous fortified town on Korčula island)
- Mljet (island famous for the national park)
- Rijeka (third largest city on Croatian mainland)
- Vis (principle town on Vis island)
- Hvar (principle town on Hvar island, well known for it's night clubs)
- Spetare (main town on the holiday island of Brač)
- Stari Grad (old town on the northern side of Hvar island)
- Trogir (historic port town and UNESCO list of World Heritage Site on the mainland coast with ferry connections to Drvenik)
- Ancona (in Italy)
- Pescara (in Italy)
Split Port Authority
Gat Sv. Duje 1
Phone: +385 21 390222
Phone: +385/51/666 111
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Flight: Split International Airport found 20km west of Split, transfer by either taxi or bus.
Ferry: Regular ferries from Dubrovnik, Korcula, Mljet, Pescara, Rijeka, Vis, Hvar, Spetare (Brač), Stari Grad, Drvenik and Ancona in Italy.
Road: Split lies on the 8 coastal road, about 30km north of OmiĊĦ and 60km north of Makarska. It is 150km south of Zadar.