The church of St Mary Magdalene has existed since at least 1140 when it was used as a fortified post by King Stephen in his wars with Matilda who held Wallingford Castle. During the Civil War it was used by Cromwell's men to shelter from the Royalists (there are cannon ball holes in the vestry door to prove it!).
St Mary Magdalene, Crowmarsh Gifford - Wallingford visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'St Mary Magdalene, Crowmarsh Gifford' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Oxfordshire.