Convento dos Capuchos Park 2 - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
This panorama was taken in Convento dos Capuchos Park. In this area there are various gardens replete with flower beds and pine trees.
Convento dos Capuchos Park 2 - FURTHER INFORMATION
Convento dos Capuchos Park 2 - Costa da Caparica - Almada visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Convento dos Capuchos Park 2' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Distrito Setubal.
The Capuchos Convent is located in the area of protected landscape of the Fossil Cliff of Costa da Caparica, Almada municipality, district of Setubal in Portugal. The Capuchos Convent was built in the year 1558, by Lourenço Pires de Tavora and was almost completely destroyed in the earthquake of November 1, 1755.
In 1950 it was acquired and restored by the Municipality of Almada. In 1950 it was acquired and restored by the Municipality of Almada. Recovery of a complex, which consists of a church and the remaining space convent, creating a center of cultural activities in the areas of music and the arts. In this area there are various gardens replete with flower beds and pine trees.
With a privileged location on the Atlantic Ocean, from the Capuchos Convent is possible to contemplate Costa da Caparica,Lisbon, the Serra de Sintra, Cascais Bay, the Bugio, the Tower of S. Julian, to the Arrábida Mountains and Cape Espichel.