Jerónimos Monastery-Entrance to Church - PHOTOGRAPHER COMMENT
The church the Jerónimos Monastery, is the single Church in the sixteenth century where it reaches the full isotropy, constituting an example of the most technically advanced structural program-space-hall of the churches.
The origins of the monastery date back to 1459, when Pius II confirmed and established in the parish chapel of Santa Maria de Belém in 1833, the church of the Monastery is the parish church to serve as the new parish of Belém
The Jeronimos Monastery was classified World Heritage by UNESCO in 1983.
Jerónimos Monastery-Entrance to Church - FURTHER INFORMATION
Jerónimos Monastery-Entrance to Church - Lisbon visitor guide showing a virtual tour of 'Jerónimos Monastery-Entrance to Church' linked to an interactive map with local and travel information. 360° panoramas from Distrito Lisboa.
Praça do Império
Posto de Turismo-Lisboa Tel: 210 312 700
E-mail: [email protected]
TRAVEL DIRECTIONS AND GETTING THERE
Flight: Lisbon International Airport (LIS)
Bus: Mosteiro dos Jerónimos (15E, 28, 76, 201, 204, 714, 727, 729, 751)
Train: Cascais/Cais do Sodré – Belém Stop