An interactive map of Auckland in New Zealand. You can use the drop-down near the top right of this Auckland map to select a Auckland street / road map view, a terrain view, satellite view or a hybrid with the road map overlaid on satellite view of Auckland. Controls on the left of the Auckland Google map allow you to zoom in and out as you explore the area.
Pins on the map indicate the full-screen virtual tour, 360° panoramas that have been taken in various locations in and around Auckland. Clicking on the map pin will load the virtual tour selected in the area above the map of Auckland. These virtual tours show some of the sights, attractions and other places of interest around Auckland. Where available, there are also virtual tours of some of the Auckland hotels, restaurants, museums etc.
Add Your Virtual Tours to the Auckland MapThe 360° virtual tours shown on this Auckland map are contributed by various photographers. If you would like to add your own virtual tours to this map then please see the FAQ and the For Photographers pages. Our hosting services are free for non-commercial locations. Commercial locations such as hotels, attractions and restaurants etc should refer to our virtual tour hosting pages for further information and costs.
Embed this Auckland Map on Your SiteAdding this Auckland map to your own site / blog is a fantastic way of providing interactive and immersive content for your visitors. The various options for embedding both individual virtual tour panoramas or entire 'Regional Tours' (showing both the interactive Auckland map and panoramas) can be found on the embed a tour page.
Devonport - Description
Devenport is on the southern end of the North Shore peninsula on the North Island in New Zealand. Once an historic fishing village, the town is a now popular tourist attraction for visitors to Auckland and Greater Auckland. Numerous people travel over the water to spend a day exploring the surrounding area.
Devonport has numerous hotels, B&B's and other holiday appartments to cater for those wishing to see Auckland, but stay in a more relaxed environment nearer to some of the best beaches in the region. It is also a good base for exploring North Shore, and is close to Takapuna. Visitors will have plenty to do and see in Devonport and it should be included in an itinerary of Auckland for a relaxing day.
- Walk the Promenade along Queen Parade east from the town center and Devonport Wharf along the shore to Devonport Naval Base, home of the New Zealand Navy, and visit the Navy Museum. The walk offers spectacular views over the harbour to the Auckland CBD.
- Walk west to North Head past Devonport Beach. Explore Torpedo Bay and Torpedo Bay Naval Wharf, seeing the historic Tainui Memorial and clock tower on King Edward Parade. Then walk up North Head past the South Battery disappearing gun and explore tunnels of the disbanded military fort that defended Auckland. See spectacular panoramic views along the coast over Ringatoto Island and along the coast.
- Head up Mount Victoria, a extinct volcano that erupted 20,000 years ago forming the coastline. The top of the summit has disappearing gun installations and offers panoramic views over the whole of Devonport, North Shore and Waitemata Harbour.
- Numerous nearby beaches offer plenty of opportunity for swimming and water activities. Devonport Beach is very close to the Ferry Wharf, Cheltenham Beach is by North Hill, and further up the peninsula are easily accessible, safe, east facing, sandy beaches at Narrow Neck Beach and Takapuna Beach. At low tide it is possible to walk all along the coastline from Devonport to Takapuna, at high tide some of the walk must be done along the cliff tops.
- Boutique Shops and galleries line Victoria Street selling gifts, works of art and excellent food. Finish the day eating at the famous Esplanade Hotel overlooking the harbour as the sun sets before heading back to your hotel.