Camera Insurance

Professional and amature camera insurance

Which Camera Insurance?

Specific camera insurance gives much better protection of your photography gear than that offered by that offered by home, travel or car insurance policies. In many cases, the latter have severe limits on the amount you can claim, which will often not cover the cost of your equipment, and will not provide temporary replacement gear in the meantime. When considering camera insurance it is first important to decide if you need amateur / semi professional insurance or photography insurance as a professional photographer.
  • Amateur Camera Insurance - suitable for Amateur and Semi-Professional photographers, those who travel with photographic equipment of value that would not be covered by other insurance
  • Professional Camera Insurance - suitable for those who make a living out of their photography, and in addition to insuring their equipment require:
    • Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Cover
    • Cover of hiring costs to keep working
    • More control over specific items covered, excess and 'New for Old' cover.
Several reputable companies offer both amateur and professional camera insurance. These are listed, in no particular order, below with a basic explanation of the services available. It is worth comparing and contracting the different photography insurance policies to ensure that you have the one that suits you.


Specialist photography insurance provided by E&L® giving:
  • Amateur and Professional camera insurance.
  • Cover available for equipment valued up to £10,000.
  • Choice of either Room Only and All Risk insurance (which included unattended vehicle and worldwide cover).
  • Theft, accidental loss and damage, replacement hire, personal accident and public liability cover included as standard.
  • 15% online discount.


Specialist photography insurance provided by aaduki Multimedia:
  • Provides cover to UK and Northern Ireland
  • Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Cover
  • New for Old replacement options.
  • Worldwide cover available.
  • Recommended by the BPPA and SWPP.
  • Optional hiring cost cover.

Infocus Photography Insurance

Photography insurance for professionals from Infocus, including:
  • Professional Indemnity
  • Public Liability
  • Personal Accident Insurance
  • Packages & Bespoke Quotes Available
  • In Association with Hiscox Insurance

Aon professional photographer's Insurance

Specialist professional photographers insurance provided by Aon:
  • Public liability cover
  • Additional options such as equipment cover for your camera and associated kit.
  • Annual public liability insurance is available from just £159*, or just £371* including £10k equipment cover.
  • Equipment cover also includes kit you hire in, so no need to pay out for additional insurance for those bits of equipment that you need to hire every now and then.
  • Seasonal photography work covered, not just annually. Cover periods start from just 7 days.

PhotoGuard Photography and Equipment Insurance

  • Amateur and Professional camera insurance.
  • Up to £50,000 cover with single item limit of up to £15,000.
  • Options for In Vehicle cover, Europe and Worldwide cover.
  • Options for Public Liability, Associate Liability and personal accident cover.
  • Hire cover limit as standard, up to £2,000 for professional cover.
  • Optional accidental damage to photography portfolio cover.

Real Time Web Analytics